A clash between human cities and colossal monsters
Long forgotten is the legend of Gaurodan, the bird of thunder and his fight with Guayota, the fire beast. But now mankind has discovered the egg of Guayota within Mount Teide, and it's a matter of time until Gaurodan returns from the sky to fight his ancestral enemy and punish men for their actions.
About the game
Fly around the Canary Islands and destroy cities, armies and colossal creatures in your path through a precision shmup. Controlling Gaurodan requires skill, since its movement is unstoppable and its attack can be oriented to hit ground or air targets.
- Look and feel of an arcade game from 1984-1985.
- The real FM sound of the YM2203 chip.
- 11 short and intense levels.
- Unlockable survival mode.
- Secret banana ending.
- Around 24 minutes of game length (once fully mastered).
Classic Kaiju movies like Godzilla, Rodan and Gamera, arcade games like Defender, Choplifter or Time Pilot in terms of gameplay and Commando, Gyrodine or 1942 in terms of production style.
The plot is based on the legend of Achamán and Guayota, a local myth of the Canary Islands. Gaurodan was my first game beyond the Windows ecosystem. It was a challenge to make it work on different systems, but it opened that door for other projects.
- Promotional poster in PDF format
- DVD case inlay in PDF format
- Disc cover in PDF format
- User manual in PDF format
- Game trailer in MP4 format
- Original soundtrack in MP3 format (Zipped)
Windows version 1.0
OUYA version 1.1
Ubuntu version 1.1 (not tested personally)
Mac versión 1.1 (not tested personally)