Fight back the plague of the Queen Verminia!
A ferocious insect army from planet Verminest is spreading through the space. Defend your planet and fight back them until you finally reach the nest of Queen Verminia.
They came from Verminest is 100% oldschool, based in early arcades like Galaga or Centipede, but also in Sci-Fi movies from the 50's like Them!, The Deadly Mantis, Black Scorpion, Tarantula or my favourite: Godzilla!
Crazy maneuvers are rewarded: kill enemies in a short-range to get medals, kill leaders to scare enemies an get more medals. You'll get a bonus every 10 medals! Clever gameplay, grayscale color palette, FM music fanfares and sound effects will take you back to the never-existent Arcade era of the 50's, where fun was the only thing!
I did another version of the game using a color palette taken out from arcade limitations of early 80s. I like how those bright colors works in simple games, making them as visually attractive as a gambling machines. This version has some less background details to imitate those early games, but the gameplay is still the same and the changes not affects the scoring system.
I've always wanted to make a Galaga like game (even if it's unmatched!). In October 2011 I played again the original Galaga cab game and decided to go for it, adding some ideas I had in mind... this is the result of it :-)
- Posters - 4 Verminest posters PDF
- Trading cards - Verminest 8 trading cards PDF
- DVD cover - Verminest DVD box cover PDF
- Disc print - Verminest disc print PDF
- Users Manual - Verminest users manual PDF
- Trailer - Verminest trailer MP4
- Soundtrack - Verminest trailer music MP3
- Making of - Verminest trailer making of in english and españolPDF
- Notebook stuff - feedback for donations
Download Verminest '83