Take the controls of your ship and prepare to die!
Choose the path to follow and fight planet by planet against hordes of meroptians. Hydorah features lots of short and intense levels with fantasy spacial landscapes, unlockable weapons, secrets, and a large library of enemies and bosses. There is a single dificulty level, based on the 80's standards. It can be hard, but with every beaten level there will come the glory.
Graphics and playability are both old school style, simple but hard polished. I want to give an special mention to the huge original soundtrack, composed exclusively by the brilliant Gryzor87, who has not hesitated in taking legendary synthesizers to create a retrofuturistic, powerful and sometimes dark soundtrack. Each level has a same-length track, composed to fit the visuals like a glove.
The whole game takes obvious influence from Gradius, Castlevania or R-Type, but also from other classics treated worse by the time: Turrican, Enforcer, Space Manbow, Hellfire, Guardian, Hydefos, Armalyte and many others...
Think of this game as a bastard son of the classics: it has the genes, but it's not a clone of one or other. It has a lot of original content, so I hope you understand my intentions when you notice something familiar with the old times ;-)
- Posters - 3 Hydorah postersPDF
- DVD cover - Hydorah DVD box coverPDF
- Disc print - Hydorah disc printPDF
- Users Manual - Hydorah users manualPDF
- Making of - Making of HydorahPDF
- Trailer - Hydorah trailerMP4
- Original soundtrack - Hydorah original soundtrackstream
- Arranged soundtrack - Hydorah soundtrack arranged by various artistsstream
- Unused stuff (music & images) - feedback for donations
If you have graphic problems, replace Hydorah.exe with this file